ACL and virtual user

Davide Marchi danjde at msw.it
Mon May 15 14:03:45 EEST 2017

Hi friends,

I would like to remove write rights for a specific virtual user/email
address.
I've read the wiki "https://wiki2.dovecot.org/ACL" but there is nothing
about it.

So I started reading and rereading some old ML, like this:
https://www.dovecot.org/list/dovecot/2006-June/013683.html where they
talk about something like that
but I would like to implement current guidelines for the "Global ACL
file" and for virtual user.

So I've try:

* user=foo lrw
Public user=bar lrwstipekxa
Public/* user=bar lrwstipekxa

But in my case for virtual user, so I tried (obviously I changed the
email address with a generic one):

--------------
#user=info at mydomain.com lrwsi
--------------

Log:
May 15 10:40:44 server dovecot: imap(info at mydomain.com): Error: Global
ACL file /etc/dovecot/dovecot-acl line 1: Unknown ID 'lrwsi'

--------------
#owner
#user=info at mydomain.com lrwsi
--------------

Log:
May 15 10:47:58 server dovecot: imap(info at mydomain.com): Error: Global
ACL file /etc/dovecot/dovecot-acl line 1: Missing ACL rights

--------------
#user=info at mydomain.com lrwsi

Log:
May 15 10:51:57 server dovecot: imap(info at mydomain.com): Error: Global
ACL file /etc/dovecot/dovecot-acl line 2: Unknown ID 'at'

But none of these gave results,
could you explain better or gime me an example?

Many many thanks!

Davide
Italy