per user procmail filtering and dovecot-lda

James Nord teilo at teilo.net
Wed May 17 20:10:13 EEST 2017

Hi all,

I recently migrated my system (postfix/Dovecot)from mbox to Maildir.

Almost everything is working (phone and thunderbird show all my mail and
folders with mail)

However I am stuck on my .procmailrc rules

    # cat /etc/procmailrc
    SENDMAIL=/usr/sbin/sendmail
    SENDMAILFLAGS=-oi
    LOGFILE=/var/log/procmail.log
    ORGMAIL=${HOME}/Maildir/
    DEFAULT=${ORGMAIL}
    MAILDIR=${HOME}/Maildir/

    DELIVER="/usr/lib/dovecot/deliver -d $LOGNAME"

    # next line is to support user .procmailrc files
    INCLUDERC=$HOME/.procmailrc

    :0 w
    | $DELIVER

    # cat ~/.procmailrc

    :0 w
    * ^List-ID:.*jenkinsci-dev.googlegroups.com
    | $DELIVER -m mailing-lists/jenkinsci-dev

    :0 w
    * ^List-ID:.*jenkinsci-users.googlegroups.com
    | $DELIVER -m mailing-lists/jenkinsci-users

However dovecot-lda complains that the mailboxes
"mailing-lists/jenkinsci-users", "mailing-lists/jenkinsci-dev" etc do
not exist so delivers to the INBOX.

Everything I have read says that the mailbox specified by -m is the name
as seen by the mail client, and this is what the client sees (see image).

I have tried changing the mailbox to INBOX/mailing-lists/...
inbox/mailing-lists/... but the same still happens.  So I am missing
something somewhere and my google foo is unfortunately letting me down
this time.

Is there someone that can help me?

(I'm not subscribed to the list so a CC to me would be appreciated)

Regards

/James