Backing up and restoring maildir folders

Leonardo Rodrigues leolistas at solutti.com.br
Mon May 22 20:08:29 EEST 2017

     Backing up maildir is easy, just backup (and restore) the whole
thing and, usually, that's as simple as that.

     However, for saving some backup space if that's a matter, i would
exclude only the 'dovecot.index.cache*' files, as these can be rebuilt
(some performance hit after the restore, of course) but, in some
servers, that makes almost a 10% difference to me.

     Besides the cache files, you really should backup everything inside
the maildir folders.

--

	Atenciosamente / Sincerily,
	Leonardo Rodrigues