[imaptest] Explaining errors

aduprat aduprat at linagora.com
Tue May 23 12:10:43 EEST 2017

Hi,

I'm an Apache James committer and we are curious to use imaptest in
order to validate our IMAP protocol implementation.
I'm using the nightlybuild : imaptest-20170506

I follow the examples given in the /T/ /est IMAP server compliancy/
examples https://imapwiki.org/ImapTest/Examples.

And I wanted to analyse the errors reported, here are some:
Error: user1 at james.org[11]: seq too high (16 > 15, state=APPEND): * 16
FETCH (BODY[HEADER.FIELDS (In-Reply-To From) ] "From:
marcelo at carpa.ciagri.usp.br")
Error: user1 at james.org[14]: seq too high (26 > 25, state=APPEND): * 26
FETCH (MODSEQ (6068) FLAGS (\Answered \Draft \Flagged))
Error: user1 at james.org[14]: seq too high (20 > 16, state=APPEND): * 20
EXPUNGE
Error: user10 at james.org[18]: Keyword used without being in FLAGS:
$Label1: * 1 FETCH (MODSEQ (8) FLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Draft $Label1
$Label3))
Error: Checkpoint: Total RECENT count 6 larger than current message count 3
Warning: Disabling \Recent flag tracking
Error: user1 at james.org[5]: Owned flag changed: \Deleted: * 7 FETCH
(FLAGS (\Answered \Deleted \Recent $Label2))
Error: user1 at james.org[5]: STORE didn't return FETCH FLAGS for seq 18
(expunged=yes): 5.75 OK STORE completed.
Error: user1 at james.org[1]: SEARCH result missing seq 2 (uid 0): 1.13 OK
SEARCH completed.
Error: Keyword '$Label1' dropped, but it still had 1 references

Do you have a link explaining what are those failures ?
Is there a report by IMAP command giving us an idea about our compliancy ?

Do you allow us to communicate about such tests, for example:
- in news http://james.apache.org/#posts ?
- in medium article ?

We also would like to have James mentioned in the servers status page
https://imapwiki.org/ImapTest/ServerStatus
How may we help you for that ?

Thanks in advance,

--
Antoine Duprat
Développeur LGS/OBM/R&D

------------------

GROUPE LINAGORA
74-80 rue Roque de Fillol
92800 Puteaux

+33 (0)8 10 25 12 51
+33 (0)6 45 63 27 17
aduprat at linagora.com

------------------

La présente transmission contient des informations confidentielles
appartenant à Linagora, exclusivement destinées au(x) destinataire(s)
identifié(s) ci-dessus. Si vous n'en faites pas partie, toute
reproduction, distribution ou divulgation de tout ou partie des
informations de cette transmission, ou toute action effectuée sur la
base de celles-ci vous sont formellement interdites.
Si vous avez reçu cette transmission par erreur, nous vous remercions de
nous en avertir et de la détruire de votre système d'information.

The present transmission contains privileged and confidential
information belonging to Linagora, exclusively intended for the
recipient(s) thereabove identified. If you are not one of these
aforementioned recipients, any reproduction, distribution, disclosure of
said information in whole or in part, as well as any action undertaken
on the basis of said information are strictly prohbited. If you received
the present transmission by mistake, please inform us and destroy it
from your messenging and information systems.