Log reopen broken in 2.2.33?

David Zambonini dovecot-e51 at deemzed.uk
Mon Nov 6 23:31:06 EET 2017

Has re-opening the logfiles broken between 2.2.32 and 2.2.33 releases?

Using the same config that I've had for the past 10 or so point
releases, /usr/bin/doveadm log reopen works perfectly up until 2.2.32,
but with 2.2.33 (and .1 and .2) no new logfiles are created, file
descriptors still have the original files open and keep writings to
those logs. On an idling test instance, I get:

master: Warning: Sent SIGKILL to 1 log processes

I can see both SIGUSR1 and SIGKILL generated by the master process, but
the current log process doesn't terminate - it receives SIGUSR1, but not
SIGKILL. Anyone able to verify this on their own setup? Am I missing a
required config change? Using epoll, which hasn't changed.

--
David Zambonini