doveadm -A backup

DurgaPrasad - DatasoftComnet dp at datasoftcomnet.com
Fri Nov 10 07:45:16 EET 2017

Hello,

I am trying to backup all users mails using

doveadm -Dv backup -A mdbox:/nasdrive/mailbackupfolder

However the script is not doing the backup into individual folders but is
trying to overwrite the data in /nasdrive/mailbackupfolder for every user.

Logically it should write into /nasdrive/mailbackupfolder/user1 ,
/nasdrive/mailbackupfolder/user2 etc.

I know we can run a shell script by listing all users into a file but I feel
that will be far slower and it will spawn multiple doveadm commands in
parallel and is prone to delays.

Can someone suggest something on how to backup using  -A in a single
command?

Regards

DP

---