Detect port number of SASL AUTH request?

MRob mrobti at insiberia.net
Thu Nov 16 03:07:04 EET 2017

Hi, this is partly Postfix related, but I want to know if there could be
way to distinguish port of the SASL AUTH request to segregate user
services.

Currently I use unix listener for dovecot sasl auth, but could change to
inet_listener.

Only way I can think is to have different SASL AUTH services for each
master.cf entry where its needed. But is it possible for Dovecot to have
more than one SASL AUTH services with different configuration setup? It
would be nicer if there was a way for Postfix to tell Dovecot about the
port the client connected on.

Or maybe it can be done with a SASL realm? I'm not sure how? Any help
please?