STAT command error

Andrew Charnley ac at igaro.com
Wed Oct 4 12:53:38 EEST 2017

Hi,

Unsure if my previous message made it through as didn't see it on
a digest.

I'm using Claws Email and 3 of 4 email accounts keep giving;

[10:50:45] POP< +OK Dovecot ready.
[10:50:45] POP> USER sales
[10:50:45] POP< +OK
[10:50:45] POP> PASS ********
[10:50:45] POP< +OK Logged in.
[10:50:45] POP> STAT
[10:50:45] POP< -ERR Unknown command:
*** error occurred on POP session
*** Error occurred while processing mail.

I've turned on as much logging as I can find in Dovecot but nothing
useful is coming out, it honestly does believe STAT is invalid - I can
see the connection close rather than disconnect.

It's strange how it works for one account but not others, the settings
are identical - I went through them with a fine tooth comb.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Regards,

Andrew