Dovecot Performance Issues on VMWARE Esxi

Holger h.web at byte-solutions.com
Wed Oct 4 16:39:46 EEST 2017

Hello,

I'm new to dovcot, but have serious issues with dovecot and IMAP.

I'm struggling with low IMAP performance but have no glue, where to start my
search.

It is a small office setup. 10 Mailaccounts. Mine is the biggest with 4GB in
size. But searching for mail takes several seconds... Zu switch to specific
folder also takes some seconds. To long in my opinion.

I use esxi 6.0 with local datastorage lenovo megaraid raid5 3x2TB SAS 7.2K.

On the dovecot appliance i see high iowait. Some issues dovecot or the VM
config?

Any help i would appreciate...

--
Sent from: http://dovecot.2317879.n4.nabble.com/