Director DNS

Travis Dolan travis.dolan at gmail.com
Fri Oct 6 16:06:56 EEST 2017

Hello,

I am currently running 2.2.31. I have a cluster of dovecot instances
running in AWS.

- Two instances running Director/Proxy
- Two instances running Dovecot.
-- Storage for the Dovecot instances is EFS.

My setup works, requests for 143 hit my Director cluster and are proxied to
an appropriate dovecot backend.

My question is how often if at all the Director service looks up the
addresses for the following setting...

*director_servers = mailproxy.internal*

I have created a Lambda to continually update the values for the A records
found in the *.internal* zone since EC2 instances can come and go for a
variety of reasons.

If those values changes will the Director service "notice" or will a
"service dovecot restart" be needed?

Thank in advance.