My sub-folder with Outlook work-around to date

Philon bytesplit at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 13:14:14 EEST 2017

Hi David,

I somehow remember that there is a way to get the mail_location from per-user-settings. I had this once when migrating from maildir to mdbox.

You might want to use Google and the mailing list archives for the details but in summary it went like this:

- set Dovecot to grab the mail_location from user-settings (I think we used MySQL db field - or check docs for auto:)
- have login script which converts maildir from setup A to B and update the user setting
- kick the user once again to apply the setting (I’m not sure about this)

This then automates the conversion process to happen on next user login.

Be warned though that today with all the idle phones, probably many users will re-login after you restart the server. Perhaps the scripting could handle a timer which randomizes this a little.

Philon