Error: file_preallocate in logs

Tom Talpey tom at talpey.com
Tue Oct 10 05:03:21 EEST 2017

My guess is that it's an NFS server issue, but you'd need an NFS
packet trace to verify. Or maybe just run a modern NFS server and
compare.

In any event, my other guess is that it's harmless. Failing to extend
a file doesn't actually lose message data, and the lib-storage code
for mdbox preallocation ignores several other expected errors.