Mail Alias Stores in mySQL Not working

jason hirsh hirshj at att.net
Tue Oct 10 05:34:17 EEST 2017

This apparently was a problem that i was not aware since i redid my mail server configuration to make use of Postfixadmin. I have update the conf files using the postfix document fromthe down load. The download document seems to be fpr an early version of dovecot (I am using 2.2.4) as it focuse of dovecot.conf which is now broken into file in the conf.d subdirectory I get "dovecot: auth-worker(30555): sql(abuse at examplei.com): unknown user "
I imagine this is a conf problem and deals with reading the sql daya I have confirmed the dayta is there
The major file apperas to be dovecot-sql.conf.ext
Mine reads as follows
driver = mysql
connect = host=127.0.0.1 dbname=postfix user=postfix password=postfixadmin
password_query = SELECT username, password FROM mailbox WHERE username='%u' and active ="
default_pass_scheme = MD5-CRYPT
user_query = SELECT maildir, 5000 AS uid, 5000 AS gid FROM mailbox WHERE username = '%u'
user_query = SELECT CONCAT('/var/vmail/mail/', maildir) AS home, 5000 AS uid, 5000 AS gid
Since normal mail is habdled by dovecoy It would see somthing is wrong wihh the first user_query since it appears to be the one that should fine the alias user
Any hellp or suggestions would be appreciate