IMAP stops responding.

Joseph Tam jtam.home at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 22:32:20 EEST 2017

S?ren Peter Skou <sps at DanskKabelTV.dk> writes:

> I've experienced that IMAP/IMAPS stops responding.  To restore service
> there is only one way, restart Dovecot completely.  This leads to
> services being interrupted for some people, so it seems to only affect
> some of the users on the server.  But POP3/POP3s is still running
> happily.  Also, it happens more as we approach Rush Hour.

Help us help you: the problem is most likely pointed out in the log files.
Also, a dump of your configurations (doveconf -n) would help.

Offhand, it seems you've hit an IMAP resource limit, such as
mail_max_userip_connections, or perhaps process/memory limits
(e.g. process_limit, vsz_limit, etc.).

Joseph Tam <jtam.home at gmail.com>