STAT command failure

Andrew Charnley ac at igaro.com
Tue Oct 24 01:55:35 EEST 2017

Hi,

Regarding STAT which appears to have an issue with Dovecot:-

[23:50:46] POP< +OK Dovecot ready.
[23:50:46] POP> USER xxxxx
[23:50:46] POP< +OK
[23:50:46] POP> PASS ********
[23:50:46] POP< +OK Logged in.
[23:50:46] POP> STAT
[23:50:46] POP< -ERR Unknown command:

I have enabled the logging as previously instructed for pop3 however
this is only up to the point of login. After this there is no further
information. Login is successful.

Other commands are working fine, I can use Evolution which doesn't use
STAT and access email fine. The issue only came to light due to an
attempt to change to Claws email.

Strangely one of my four accounts on the same server does work. There
is no difference in the settings and I've tried recreating them on both
Claws and the server. The Claws team are 100% sure it's a Dovecot issue.

This is the latest version available with Centos 7 so not the most
up-to-date but I can't see anything in the logs which would suggest a
change for 2.2.

Regards,

Andrew