authenticate as userA, but get authorization to user userB's account

Kadlecsik József kadlecsik.jozsef at wigner.mta.hu
Wed Oct 25 15:42:11 EEST 2017

On Wed, 25 Oct 2017, Heiko Schlittermann wrote:

> Kadlecsik József <kadlecsik.jozsef at wigner.mta.hu> (Mi 25 Okt 2017 13:28:22 CEST):
> > > sales at example.com, using the credentials of the very own account (say
> > > hans at example.com)?
> >
> > We faced the same problem and solved it with a PAM module:
>> > The users must use the username "groupusername*realusername" and the
>
> Yes, this follows the maser-user idea. Great. I'm curious if the master
> user mechanism isn't usable. Maybe it is, I'll check this.

The master users are allowed to impersonate anyone and at the same time
cannot login as themselves. Those were the issues why we couldn't choose
to use master users.

Best regards,
Jozsef
E-mail : kadlecsik.jozsef at wigner.mta.hu
PGP key: http://www.kfki.hu/~kadlec/pgp_public_key.txt
Address: Wigner Research Centre for Physics, Hungarian Academy of Sciences
         H-1525 Budapest 114, POB. 49, Hungary