All over sudden dovecot thinks FS is read only

Tobi tobster at brain-force.ch
Sat Oct 28 13:41:07 EEST 2017

Hello list

I saw the response from Vlad in my queue (as dovecot was broken there
has been no delivery to mailbox) but after fix and queue flush Vlads
message does not show up in my mailbox.

> Check the systemd unit for ProtectHome, and make sure that is turned
> off.

Found these lines in unit file

> # Enable this if your systemd is new enough to support it:
> ProtectSystem=full

and after commenting the 2nd one, dovceot could write again to the FS :-)
Have no idea why this setting started to make problems just today :-)

Thanks so much for the fast help here

tobi