Problems to configure IMAP Quota

Jacques Belin jbelin at oryva.net
Fri Sep 8 15:42:07 EEST 2017

Hello,

We manage a mail server using Dovecot under Debian.
Since a long time, we run nightly a script permitting to display the
storage usage of each user on the webmail, using internal calls. The
usage on each mailbox is stored in a Mysql database.

For several reasons, we would now want to use the IMAP quota feature,
not only to let users have the quota displayed from their Mail clients.

But testing that features, I encounter two problems :

1) It seems that when we use the sql dict, a map contaning the patern
"priv/quota/limit/messages" is mandatory. Not specifying it  in
dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext issues an error.  As we are interested only by
the storage size and don't want to process the number of messages, how
to get rid of it ?

2) We store the storage value in kilobytes.
But the plugin seems to only accept storage in bytes, Is there any way
to let know to dovecot that the value stored in the database is in
kilobytes ? (of course, I tried to put "size/1024" in the value_field
field of the map. It works, but generate a lot of error lines in the
dovecot log as it create a syntaxly incorrect MySQL uodate request...)

Jacques.
--
The last man connected to the Interet was browsing some old WebSites.
"You have new mail" appeared on the screen...