Dovecot and Letsencrypt certs

Вадим Бажов master at remort.net
Fri Sep 8 18:28:59 EEST 2017

"I think it’s probably easier to just kick dovecot once a month." -
that's not good from system administration's point of view. You can
get into trouble when certificate is renewed but dovecot isn't
reloaded yet. And, doing something via cron just by-guess, once a
month - is a no no logic.
"it seems like checking the certs is something that dovecot should be
doing on its own" if dovecot loads it in memory, it shouldn't reread
certificates. Why to take servers resources just 'because of something
may be changed' restarting dovecot with no need ?
And, never do restart if reload suits your needs. But check it first,
if reload action rereads certificate from file system.