Dovecot and Letsencrypt certs

Вадим Бажов master at remort.net
Sat Sep 9 11:52:48 EEST 2017

"writing a script to check the certs" - there is no need to write any
scripts. As one mentioned, it's done by a hook to certbot. Please read
the manuals for LE or certbot. The issue you have is quite common and
of course certbot designed to do it for you.
The manual: https://certbot.eff.org/docs/using.html#renewing-certificates.
Thats it. Problem solved.