offtopic: Solr compatible IMAP client

Andy Smith a.smith at ldex.co.uk
Fri Sep 8 13:47:59 EEST 2017

Hi,

  not sure if I'm allowed to go this off topic on here, sorry if not!
I've just installed Solr FTS for Dovecot and its great, as is Dovecot!
;) It works perfectly for fast searches using Roundcube, but can anyone
suggest any Windows and/or Linux mail clients that work well with IMAP
searches rather than doing their own searches on local copies of mails?
I've had a look at Thunderbird and you can use IMAP search, buy you have
to manually select it from an advanced search dialogue and it seems you
cannot make this the default behaviour. I also tried OperaMail but it
doesn't appear to work at all (only header is searchable without
downloading local copies). I'm pretty sure Outlook will only use its own
search engine on its local copy of data.

thanks a lot, Andy.

PS this guide was really helpful for setting up Solr FTS with a recent
release of Solr (I'm using 6.5), might be worth including a link
somewhere on the Dovecot wiki?:

http://mor-pah.net/2016/08/15/dovecot-2-2-with-solr-6-or-5