Is it possible to disable pipelining in imapc?

Nagy, Attila bra at fsn.hu
Mon Sep 11 16:14:37 EEST 2017

On 09/11/2017 03:01 PM, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> On 11.09.2017 15:56, Nagy, Attila wrote:
>> On 09/11/2017 12:12 PM, Aki Tuomi wrote:
>>> Is there some reason you can't use normal proxy instead of imap backend?
>>> That is,return proxy, host=imap_backend, port=1430? There seems to be no
>>> pipeline setting currently for imapc in v2.2.
>>>
>> Yes, because it's a dumb IMAP server, which doesn't implement a lot of
>> things, like SEARCH, FETCH BODYSTRUCTURE and similar.
>> Dovecot is used as a smart proxy, which makes it possible to use it as
>> a fully featured IMAP server.
> Does the dumb server advertize pipelining?

Exactly how does an IMAP server advertise pipelining other than it says
it's an IMAP server? :)
There is no such capability, extension etc. It's in RFC3501, which
defines IMAP v4r1.

Dovecot has a proxy_nopipelining setting for its IMAP proxy, I just want
to use that (ie: no pipelining) with imapc too. Whether it's dynamically
configurable, even with the existing proxy_nopipelining, or with an
imapc_features flag, it doesn't matter for me.

Of course, setting this per user would be nicer.