Problems to configure IMAP Quota

Jacques Belin jbelin at oryva.net
Mon Sep 11 16:44:26 EEST 2017

Le dimanche 10 septembre 2017 14:35:16,
Alex JOST <jost+lists at dimejo.at> a écrit:

> > 1) It seems that when we use the sql dict, a map contaning the patern
> > "priv/quota/limit/messages" is mandatory. Not specifying it  in
> > dovecot-dict-sql.conf.ext issues an error.  As we are interested only by
> > the storage size and don't want to process the number of messages, how
> > to get rid of it ?
>
> Set it to unlimited?

It is not the point.
I don't want to have to manage the number of messages, only the storage
size.

If the IMAP QUOTA RFCs, the number of messages is given only as an
example of resources that can be accessible by IMAP QUOTA.
So why dovecot made it mandatory ?

> > 2) We store the storage value in kilobytes.
> > But the plugin seems to only accept storage in bytes, Is there any way
> > to let know to dovecot that the value stored in the database is in
> > kilobytes ? (of course, I tried to put "size/1024" in the value_field
> > field of the map. It works, but generate a lot of error lines in the
> > dovecot log as it create a syntaxly incorrect MySQL uodate request...)
>
> Using 'storage' instead of 'bytes' should provide limits as kilobytes.

It is what I have already done, from the begnining.

But that word deals about how the limit is defined in the quota rule
definition, not about the values stored in the database.
In the database we use, the sizes are stored in kilobytes, but dovecot
wants bytes (strange choice BTW, as when we deal about disk storage we
talk only in terms of sectors size, clusters, etc... which are now
always defined as multiples of kilobytes...)...

Jacques.
--
The last man connected to the Interet was browsing some old WebSites.
"You have new mail" appeared on the screen...