sieve stopped working and doveadm mailbox list without -s shows less folders then with

Ralf Becker rb at egroupware.org
Tue Sep 19 01:03:31 EEST 2017

Hi Timo,

update to 2.2.32 (suggested by Aki) did not change the situation ...

Am 18.09.17 um 20:49 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
> On 18 Sep 2017, at 20.12, Ralf Becker <rb at egroupware.org
> <mailto:rb at egroupware.org>> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Timo,
>>
>> Am 18.09.17 um 12:03 schrieb Timo Sirainen:
>>> On 18 Sep 2017, at 12.10, Ralf Becker <rb at egroupware.org
>>> <mailto:rb at egroupware.org>

>>> I can't really think of any reason why it wouldn't simply work.
>>> Especially since you're not using v2.2.32, the folder listing is
>>> always performed by listing the directories in filesystem, so there's
>>> nothing really to resync. What's your doveconf -n? You could try with
>>> mailbox_list_index=no if that happens to make any difference, but it
>>> shouldn't.
>>>
>>> You could also try what "strace -o log -s 100 doveadm mailbox list -u
>>> user at domain" shows. Is it opening the correct mailboxes/ directory?
>>> Maybe the path is just wrong for some reason (some typo added
>>> somewhere)?
>>

>> Nope it lstats the correct directories, but does not show them.
>>
>> I send you the strace / sysdig output per private mail, as it contains
>> private information of that user.
>
> Looks like you have some dovecot-acl and dovecot-acl-list files, so it
> has to be because Dovecot thinks the ACLs are preventing access to the
> user. Try deleting dovecot-acl-list to see if the problem is with
> that. If not, look at the dovecot-acl files and/or "doveadm acl debug
> -u user at domain <folder that's supposed to exist>" to figure out what's
> wrong.

root at fra-nfs-mail:~# doveadm acl debug -u <user>@<domain> INBOX/AA
doveadm(<user>@<domain>): Info: Mailbox 'AA' is in namespace 'INBOX/'
doveadm(<user>@<domain>): Info: Mailbox path:
/var/dovecot/imap/<domain>/<user>/mdbox/mailboxes/AA/dbox-Mails
doveadm(<user>@<domain>): Info: All message flags are shared across
users in mailbox
mailbox
'lookup' right
doveadm(<user>@<domain>): Info: Mailbox INBOX/AA is NOT visible in LIST

Ok, but when I try to fix it:

root at fra-nfs-mail:~# doveadm acl add -u <user>@<domain> INBOX/AA
user=<user>@<domain> admin create delete expunge insert lookup post read
write write-deleted write-seen

root at fra-nfs-mail:~# doveadm acl add -u <user>@<domain> INBOX/AA owner
admin create delete expunge insert lookup post read write write-deleted
write-seen

root at fra-nfs-mail:~# doveadm acl get -u <user>@<domain> INBOX/AA
ID                                          Global Rights
owner                                              admin create delete
expunge insert lookup post read write write-deleted write-seen
user=<user>@<domain>        admin create delete expunge insert lookup
post read write write-deleted write-seen

Nothing has changed :(

root at fra-nfs-mail:~# doveadm acl debug -u <user>@<domain> INBOX/AA
doveadm(<user>@<domain>): Info: Mailbox 'AA' is in namespace 'INBOX/'
doveadm(<user>@<domain>): Info: Mailbox path:
/var/dovecot/imap/<domain>/<user>/mdbox/mailboxes/AA/dbox-Mails
doveadm(<user>@<domain>): Info: All message flags are shared across
users in mailbox
mailbox
'lookup' right
doveadm(<user>@<domain>): Info: Mailbox INBOX/AA is NOT visible in LIST

How to fix that situation?

Is there a way to reset acl of all folders of a user to all rights for
the owner?

root at fra-nfs-mail:/var/dovecot/imap/<domain>/<user># find -name
"dovecot-acl*"
./mdbox/mailboxes/INBOX/dbox-Mails/dovecot-acl
./mdbox/mailboxes/AA/dbox-Mails/dovecot-acl
./mdbox/dovecot-acl-list

Ralf

--
Ralf Becker