mail-storage.c:2473 assertion failed: (!ctx->unfinished) (related to antispam?)

Matthijs Kooijman matthijs at stdin.nl
Thu Sep 28 09:50:40 EEST 2017

Hi Aki,

> To verify whether it's caused by antispam plugin, you could copy/move
> mail to Spam folder and see if it crashes?
That's inconclusive: I can copy stuff in and out of my Spam folder just
fine using mutt. I've never seen the crash for my user so far, which
suggests this is specific to one IMAP client (or otherwise dependent on
circumstances).

I'll ask the user who did have the crash to move some mail, to see if
that triggers it again.

Yesterday, the crash would happen repeatedly in long bursts, on
connections from the same user, which were probably retries on a failing
mail copy. I disabled the antispam plugin for a while, which showed some
non-crashing connections from this same user (presumably completing the
copy). After re-enabling anti-spam, I've not seen the crash again for
this user, probably because there were no pending problematic copies
anymore.

Gr.

Matthijs