questions about maildir to mdbox migration

Dave McGuire mcguire at neurotica.com
Thu Sep 28 23:14:20 EEST 2017

On 09/28/2017 04:00 PM, Вадим Бажов wrote:
> Hi there ! Please tell how did you do the migration ? I tried to do
> this with dsync and performance was far from 'smooth and great'.

  I used dsync, and had no difficulties.  Here is an excerpt from my notes:

To change mail spool format for user at domain:

Change spool type in dovecot.conf or in database, making note of
original (current) spool type.  Then:

dsync -u "user at domain" mirror "spooltype:/spool/location"
dsync -u "user at domain" mirror "spooltype:/spool/location" (repeat, to
pick up any changes since first run)

                 -Dave

--
Dave McGuire, AK4HZ