{Spam?} domain email autoconfiguration

André Rodier andre at rodier.me
Sun Apr 1 23:12:30 EEST 2018

On 01/04/18 05:02, DurgaPrasad - DatasoftComnet wrote:
> Hi,
> Actually I am also interested in learning.
>
> Regards
> Durga Prasad
> +919849111010

Hello,

The official option is RFC6186:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc6186

There is also Autoconfig for Mozilla Thunderbird, and Autodiscover,  for
Microsoft Outlook.

Thunderbird will return the parameters at an address like
http://autoconfig.example.com/mail/config-v1.1.xml?emailaddress

Outlook will send a POST query to a URL like this:
https://autodiscover.example.com//autodiscover/autodiscover.xml

They both return XML with the parameters, and a special subdomain.

I have implemented both for a custom mail server project, you can find
the link below:

https://github.com/progmaticltd/homebox/tree/master/install/playbooks/roles

See the roles with a matching name.

I might implement the first one later, it is just a matter of DNS records...

André Rodier

--
https://github.com/progmaticltd/homebox