Re: Can’t authenticate any users after upgrade.

Helmut K. C. Tessarek tessarek at evermeet.cx
Fri Apr 6 04:57:18 EEST 2018

On 2018-04-05 03:01, Aki Tuomi wrote:
> Never replace /lib or /usr/lib systemd unit files, if you want to
> replace the whole unit file, please put it under /etc/systemd/system/
> directory. If unit file with same name is found under there, it is used
> instead.

Usually I'd agree, but let's assume you change something in the file
that comes with dovecot in the future, systemd will still use the one in
/etc/system.d/system and you'd never know that the original file has
ever even changed.

On the other side, if with the next version of dovecot this
NoNewPrivileges issue will not have been resolved, you just change the
file again.
If it has been fixed, all is good anyway.

Anyhow, both concepts are valid in this instance in my opinion.

--
regards Helmut K. C. Tessarek              KeyID 0x172380A011EF4944
Key fingerprint = 8A55 70C1 BD85 D34E ADBC 386C 1723 80A0 11EF 4944

/*
   await thee at its end.
*/