SIS and Filesystem level backups (was just Re: Filesystem level backups?)

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Apr 9 19:28:31 EEST 2018

On 4/9/2018, 11:34:40 AM, Ivan Warren <ivan at vmfacility.fr> wrote:
> Le 4/9/2018 à 4:56 PM, DurgaPrasad - DatasoftComnet a écrit :
>> Does doveadm backup backup the attachments as well when using SIS?

> As far as I know, it does (it de-shares shared attachments)
>
> I've used that solution to stop using SIS at one point (it created
> more problems than it solved - especially permission issues)

Hi Ivan,

Mind if I ask for details?

(and maybe Aki or Timo):

I was considering implementing SIS on a new server I'm planning (won't
be for a few months now probably). I had decided against it a long time
ago because it was new, and there were drawbacks (backups not being
properly accounted for being one of the big ones). I was hoping it had
matured a lot since then and the drawbacks at the time were mostly
history. Maybe that is not the case?

If not, are there open bugs dealing with the issues, and plan for
addressing them? Or is SIs just probably not ever going to be ready for
prime time?