doveconf error upon boot up

Jerry jerry at seibercom.net
Tue Apr 10 17:43:18 EEST 2018

FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p9 amd64

doveconf
# 2.3.1 (8e2f634): /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.5.1 (d9bc6dfe)
# OS: FreeBSD 11.1-RELEASE-p9 amd64  zfs
# Hostname: localhost

I can send the entire output if necessary.

Error message upon boot up:

doveconf: error: t_readlink(/var/run/dovecot/dovecot.conf) failed: readlink() failed: No such file or directory

Starting dovecot.

Dovecot appears to start correctly

There is a link in the "/var/run/dovecot directory for dovecot.conf"

lrwx------ 1 root wheel 35B 2018-04-10 10:21:52 EDT dovecot.conf at -> /usr/local/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf

This error message has only started since the update to the latest version of
dovecot. I am assuming it is just a harmless error message; however, I would
like to confirm that hypothesis.

--
Jerry