spamc scripts in IMAPSieve docs.

Reio Remma reio at mrstuudio.ee
Tue Apr 17 13:34:25 EEST 2018

On 17.04.18 13:11, Reio Remma wrote:
> On 17.04.18 12:40, Reio Remma wrote:

>>> Hi!
>>>
>>> As the warning says, the scripts are untested. If you are able to
>>> test them and provide modified versions, or confirm they work it
>>> would be really welcome input!
>>>
>>> Aki
>>
>> The trouble is the revoke option for spamc is largely undocumented.
>> :( I'll have a look at it anyway.
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Reio
>
> Okay, while the man page for spamc is unclear, spamc --help states that:
> -C, --reporttype reporttype
>      *Report type should be 'report' for **spam or 'revoke' for ham.*
>
> I've no idea why they can't pick that automatically. :) Off to testing.
>
> Reio

Okay. The are two ways to do this - either learning (without reporting)
or reporting (which includes learning).

--learntype=spam/ham and --reporttype=report/revoke are mutually exclusive.

The docs currently have:

sa-learn-spam.sh:
exec /usr/bin/spamc -u ${1} -L spam -C report
sa-learn-ham.sh:
exec /usr/bin/spamc -u ${1} -L ham -C report

For learning they should be:

sa-learn-spam.sh: exec /usr/bin/spamc -u ${1} --learntype=spam
sa-learn-ham.sh:
exec /usr/bin/spamc -u ${1} --learntype=ham

For reporting (with learning included):

sa-learn-spam.sh: exec /usr/bin/spamc -u ${1} --reporttype=report # SPAM
sa-learn-ham.sh:
exec /usr/bin/spamc -u ${1} --reporttype=revoke # HAM

Good luck, Reio