install dovecot 2.2.35 debian jessie

Webert de Souza Lima webert.boss at gmail.com
Fri Apr 27 16:51:21 EEST 2018

Hey Aki Tuomi, how are you doing?

I have tried many ways for getting 2.2.35 pre-built installed via 'apt-get
install' in Debian Jessie and Stretch using the official repos.
The reason I prefer to install pre-built instead of compiling it is because
the I run it on dockers, so it's a lot easier and automated to just apt-get
install it.

I was using 2.2.31 devel in Debian Jessie, I wanted to move to stable, but
it will only install 2.2.27 or  2.2.36 alpha from the repos.

2.2.34 is the default stable using stretch + stretch backport repos, it
seems OK to me. I have upgraded all my instances.

I will take the opportunity to ask you a question: would you recommend me
to update director instances too? They run on separate containers. I
haven't upgraded them and it all seems to be working just fine in
production.

Regards,

Webert Lima
DevOps Engineer at MAV Tecnologia