dovecot stats-writer socket permissions

Larry Rosenman larryrtx at gmail.com
Sat Aug 11 04:08:23 EEST 2018

service stats {
  unix_listener stats-reader {
    group = mail
    mode = 0666
    user =
  }
  unix_listener stats-writer {
    group = mail
    mode = 0666
    user =
  }
service anvil {
  unix_listener anvil {
    group = mail
    mode = 0666
  }

I put those in a local.conf

Phone: +1 214-642-9640             E-Mail: larryrtx at gmail.com
US Mail: 5708 Sabbia Drive, Round Rock, TX 78665-2106

On 8/10/18, 7:44 PM, "dovecot on behalf of Scott Ruckh" <dovecot-bounces at dovecot.org on behalf of dovecot at gemneye.org> wrote:

    I have seen this thread about being able to run doveadm as a non-root
    user, but I don't understand the solution even though I have seen other
    pages give this link as the solution.

    http://bit.ly/2MC5oq9

    What configuration is necessary so that I can set the permissions on
    /var/run/dovecot/stats-writer socket-file so when dovecot starts my
    virtual mail account has read/write access?

    I saw another page about adding

    service stats {
    }

    Although I set user, group, and permissions, it did not seem to have any
    effect on the permissions when I restarted dovecot.

    Thank You.