doveadm mailbox delete not working

Ralf Becker rb at egroupware.org
Wed Aug 15 18:44:49 EEST 2018

Hi Steffen,

Am 15.08.18 um 15:58 schrieb Steffen Kaiser:
> On Tue, 14 Aug 2018, Ralf Becker wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 15:13:12 +0200
> > From: Ralf Becker <rb at egroupware.org>
> > To: dovecot at dovecot.org
> > Subject: doveadm mailbox delete not working
>
> > I have a user who has several folders in his mailbox, which we can not
> > delete, neither via IMAP nor via doveadm:
>
> > root at ka-nfs-mail:~# doveadm mailbox list -u <username> | grep hbereiche
> > | cat -v
> > INBOX/[Fachbereiche ^M
>
> > Any ideas?
>
> I haven't seen this idea and you've wrote nothing about the ^M:

The ^M is the regular CR from the doveadm output converted by cat -v and
I used it to show there is a trailing space.

> The ^M means that there is a "\015" / \r at the end of the output.
> Where does this char come from? In "normal" output, this char is
> almost invisible, esp. at the end of a line. I don't know how Dovecot
> handles this char internally.
>
> The char should show up in the JSON formatted list, Aki suggested, too:
>
> doveadm -fjson mailbox list -u user INBOX/*
>
> But I haven't seen the output in your replies.
>
> Can you verify in the filesystem, if the char is there, too? E.g.
> ls -1 | cat -v

root at ka-nfs-mail:/poolN/dovecot/imap/<domain>/<user>/mdbox/mailboxes# ls
-1|cat -v|grep hbereich
[Fachbereiche
[Fachbereiche
[Fachbereiche]
Fachbereiche
hbereiche

So there is no ^M/CR in the filename itself.

Ralf

--
Ralf Becker
EGroupware GmbH [www.egroupware.org]