iOS Mail Client Not Copying to Sent Folder

Asai asai at globalchangemusic.org
Tue Aug 21 01:25:48 EEST 2018

Greetings,

We have many iOS clients, and some report that they’re having problems with iOS mail copying messages to their Sent folder.  This happens 2 - 3 times per day, and the phone just says Sending and the client never knows if it sends.  Client says apparently email DOES go out, but there is no recording of it.  This is usually on our LAN.

We’re not sure if this is solved via Postfix or Dovecot, or maybe something else, so I’m posting this message on both forums as a start.  Can anyone point us in the right direction here?

Running Postfix 2.11.1 and Dovecot ee 2.2.18.2

see doveconf -n below:

# 2.2.18.2 (866bffbafde7): /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
# Pigeonhole version 0.4.8 (73d4f6cd676a)
# OS: Linux 2.6.32-358.el6.x86_64 x86_64 CentOS release 6.4 (Final) ext4
auth_mechanisms = plain login
auth_verbose = yes
auth_verbose_passwords = plain
deliver_log_format = msgid=%m: from=%f: %$
lock_method = dotlock
mail_home = /vmail/%d/%n/home
mail_location = maildir:/vmail/%d/%n
mail_plugins = " notify"
managesieve_notify_capability = mailto
managesieve_sieve_capability = fileinto reject envelope encoded-character vacation subaddress comparator-i;ascii-numeric relational regex imap4flags copy include variables body enotify environment mailbox date index ihave duplicate
namespace {
  inbox = yes
  location =
  prefix =
  separator = /
  type = private
}
passdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
  driver = sql
}
plugin {
  mail_log_events = delete expunge copy mailbox_delete flag_change append mailbox_rename
  mail_log_fields = box msgid from flags
  sieve = /vmail/%d/%n/home/.dovecot.sieve
  sieve_before = /etc/dovecot/sieve/junk-spam.sieve
  sieve_default = /etc/dovecot/sieve/junk-spam.sieve
  sieve_dir = /vmail/%d/%n/home/sieve
}
protocols = imap lmtp sieve
service auth {
    group = postfix
    mode = 0666
    user = postfix
  }
  unix_listener auth-master {
    group = vmail
    mode = 0660
    user = vmail
  }
  unix_listener auth-userdb {
    mode = 0660
    user = vmail
  }
  user = root
}
service imap-login {
  process_limit = 200
  process_min_avail = 16
  service_count = 0
  vsz_limit = 0
}
service managesieve-login {
  inet_listener sieve {
    port = 4190
  }
  process_min_avail = 0
  service_count = 1
  vsz_limit = 64 M
}
ssl_cert = </etc/postfix/ssl/triata.pem
ssl_key = </etc/postfix/ssl/triata.key
userdb {
  args = /etc/dovecot/dovecot-mysql.conf
  driver = sql
}
protocol lda {
  hostname = domain.net
  mail_plugin_dir = /usr/lib64/dovecot/
  mail_plugins = sieve
  postmaster_address = postmaster at domain.net
}
protocol imap {
  imap_idle_notify_interval = 24 mins
  mail_max_userip_connections = 60
}
protocol sieve {
  mail_max_userip_connections = 10
  managesieve_implementation_string = Dovecot Pigeonhole
  managesieve_logout_format = bytes=%i/%o
  managesieve_max_line_length = 65536
}