Possible to set quota in size and number of messages

J Doe general at nativemethods.com
Tue Aug 21 22:01:45 EEST 2018

Hello,

I am using Dovecot 2.2.33.2 and am attempting to set quotas on mailboxes.

I currently have the following:

	plugin {
   		quota = dict:User quota::file:%h/dovecot-quota

   		quota_rule = *:storage=10G

   		quota_rule1 = INBOX/Inbox:storage=+30M
   		quota_rule2 = INBOX/Trash:storage=+30M
   		quota_rule3 = INBOX/Deleted Messages:storage=+30M
	}

If I check the quota via Apple Mail version 11.5 (3445.9.1) on Mac OS X 10.13.6 by selecting “Get Account Info” it displays the correct quota size in bytes but also states “0 messages” (in that it states I can store 0 messages).

Is there a way to signify to an IMAP client that the quota should be _EITHER_ 10 GB or 100,000 messages, just so a user doesn’t see that they can store a total of 0 messages ?

My initial thought was to alter the previous quota settings by adding:

	quota_rule4 = INBOX:messages=100000

… and restarting Dovecot and Apple Mail, but upon checking the quota’s on the user’s account, I still see that a user can store 10 GB or 0 messages.

Thanks,

- J