Update both virtual indexes & FTS indexes

Aki Tuomi aki.tuomi at dovecot.fi
Tue Aug 28 21:50:03 EEST 2018

Nope. That will not cross namespace boundaries.
You need to issue it separately per prefix
doveadm index -A "virtual/*"
etc

---Aki TuomiDovecot oy
-------- Original message --------From: Daniel Miller <dmiller at amfes.com> Date: 28/08/2018  21:03  (GMT+02:00) To: Dovecot Mailing List <dovecot at dovecot.org> Subject: Update both virtual indexes & FTS indexes
Will the following command:

doveadm index -A '*'

Ensure all Dovecot indexes are current (including virtual mailboxes) and
also update FTS?  Other than the time/resources needed to parse all
users/mailboxes - is there a reason not to schedule this to run on a
regular (hourly?) basis?

My goal is to have my server constantly working...so my client isn't
waiting for either virtual mailbox or Solr FTS updates.

--
Daniel