Mailing list address harvested for spamming

Ralph Seichter m16+dovecot at monksofcool.net
Sun Dec 2 17:22:52 EET 2018

* Ruben Safir:

> On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 03:58:53AM +0100, Bernd Petrovitsch wrote:
>
>> Let's hope that people who do not know how to use a tool - e.g.
>> like a hammer - doesn't use that tool in the first place ....
>
> that is pretty unrealistic and I don't agree with it anyway.

The tool metaphor is realistic. In my experience (which dates back to
the 1980s), email ist a powerful tool, and people need to learn how to
use it properly, with the appropriate software set. Especially in the
area of technical mailing lists I see no reason to cater to dumb MUA
software.

> Email should be intitive

If by "intuitive" you mean "used without engaging one's brain", I have
to disagree. Using a hammer without thinking can mean flattened thumbs,
and moaning about it is inappropriate.

-Ralph