Mailing list address harvested for spamming

Michael A. Peters mpeters at domblogger.net
Sun Dec 2 19:14:15 EET 2018

On 12/02/2018 08:42 AM, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 02, 2018 at 04:22:52PM +0100, Ralph Seichter wrote:
>> * Ruben Safir:

>>> that is pretty unrealistic and I don't agree with it anyway.
>>
>> The tool metaphor is realistic. In my experience (which dates back to
>> the 1980s), email ist a powerful tool, and people need to learn how to
>> use it properly, with the appropriate software set. Especially in the
>> area of technical mailing lists I see no reason to cater to dumb MUA
>> software.
>
> Especially in a technical mailing list about email software!
>
> -- hendrik

Well netiquette lists are not an RFC. They are some person saying "This
is others should do things because I think it is best"

But yes, on technical lists more people do follow netiquette, possibly
because those who have different way of thinking are driven off for
being different in how their mind works.