Mailing list address harvested for spamming

Bernd Petrovitsch bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
Mon Dec 3 14:01:09 EET 2018

Hi!

On 02/12/2018 23:58, Noel Butler wrote:
> On 02/12/2018 11:00, Hendrik Boom wrote:
>
>> There's an extensive email etiquette post somewhere on the net
>> explaining why setting 'reply-to' to the list is a bad idea.
>
> Lots of posts around about this, all self serving :)
>
> There may of course be an RFC floating around, but I admit to never
> having bothered to look, because good netizens reply to list, lists are

Good netizens also check and edit the To: and Cc: lines.

> public, they are for the masses - the membership - the subscriber base,
> never seen the point in replying privately to a list post, since the

Lots of people actually ignore private questions in such public
"environments" - simply because of the said reasons (and to make the
time more useful).

> answer deprives the list membership of, the answer, so you avoid getting
> 1500 people ask the same damn question.

Especially since search engines make it much more easier to find
questions/problems and answers/solutions in mailing list archives.

MfG,
	Bernd
Bernd Petrovitsch                  Email : bernd at petrovitsch.priv.at
                     LUGA : http://www.luga.at