BUG: sieve does not set seen-Flag

Jakobus Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Wed Dec 5 10:24:28 EET 2018

Does it matter, if the keyword-files do not match?

In one of the two folders is the content of dovecot-keywords

0 $label3
1 Junk
2 NonJunk

in the other folder:

0 $label3
1 NonJunk
2 Junk
3 redirected
4 $label2
5 $label4
6 Seen

As i said, i use $labes[1-4] from thunderbird.
And i use as MUA Thunderbird, Androids Gmail-App, Horde webmail,
somtimes samsungs mail-app on android, k9mail on android (not now), and
evolution from gnome.
But... the Filename loses the S, when copying the file to another folder
with all of the mailclients. As i showed you.

I also deactivated all of the sievescripts in dovecot (i have some
before, some after, the two for setting and removing Junk and \seen as
described at the begin of this thread, and user-sieve-scripts), and
dovecot again sets a moved message to unread and recent...

I also tested it for another user. The same.

And it is ONLY the Seen-Flag, which does not work on setting it via
sieve. Or maybe, setting a message as \Recent removes the \Seen-Flag?
And dovecot sets every new message in a folder to \Recent, independend
where it comes from???
Sorry, I'm not a programmer ;-)

But i try to describe it as good as possible, what i can see on my machine.

Hopefully i have time to setup a second mailserver for testing-purpose,
to test, what's going on. Is it the rest of kopano, which shits into my
dovecot, or some misconfiguration, or the ldap-connection?

There is exim4, which pipes the emails to /usr/lib/dovecot/deliver

But when i move emails around from one imap-folder to another one, there
is no exim...

The other thing is (as shown in a mail before), i have rspamd, to which
i pipe messages, when i move them from Junk to anywhere - learning ham,
and move them from anywhere to Junk - learning spam. This process only
sends a copy of the already moved message to rspamc...

The filesystem has read/write permissions for vmail:vmail, which i user
for the mailboxes and dovecot-process...

For me, it looks like when dovecot copys or put a message to a folder,
it sets it default to unseen and recent. Is there maybe an option, which
has influence for this behaviour?

And i do not move messages directly on filesystem with cp, mv or other
filesystemtools.

Jakob