BUG: sieve does not set seen-Flag

Noel Butler noel.butler at ausics.net
Fri Dec 7 09:10:35 EET 2018

On 07/12/2018 16:44, Aki Tuomi wrote:

> On 6.12.2018 6.54, Noel Butler wrote:
>
> On 06/12/2018 07:29, Jakobus Schürz wrote:
>
> that all and every Flag is set, except \Seen... I tried to figure out, whats happening here...
>
> Paste what your sieve file contains now (no, I'm not going back over this thread - its becoming as long as war and peace, and you may have changed it since then)
>
> Please understand me right... It is nice for you, if dovecot does, what you expect... It is nice. But here it does not work correctly. dovecot makes a big mistake. And i try to give as much information, as i'm possible to give...
>
> I doubt its dovecot, since no one else has reported this problem that I can see - without going back to find the start of the thread.
>
> my dovecot does not copy the Seen-flag. It ignores it. But WHY. Fucking WHY???
>
> Mind your tongue if you want help here, despite frustrations (man I must be getting old and mellowing), no one here has to do shit for you, the fact it works for everyone else, indicates there is a problem with your configuration and yours alone - somewhere, and because you're the only one experiencing this, it may be harder to trace the origin of.
>
> --
> Kind Regards,
>
> Noel Butler
>
> This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments, immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary formatted documents

I finally had some time to try this out, and wasn't able to reproduce
the problem with 2.3.4 and 0.5.4.

I tried both Sieve and IMAPSieve, but I wonder if this is something
particular in your environment or settings, so I have to ask you to post
your `doveconf -n` once more.

Aki

Did he ever tell us what this is on, I saw stretch somewhere in thread
so I gather its debian, but is it on real hardware, or rpi, has he tried
using the source, who knows what happens when distros butcher things up
into 70 different sub packages :)

--
Kind Regards,

Noel Butler

 		This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally privileged
information, therefore remains confidential and subject to copyright
protected under international law. You may not disseminate, discuss, or
reveal, any part, to anyone, without the authors express written
authority to do so. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
the sender then delete all copies of this message including attachments,
immediately. Confidentiality, copyright, and legal privilege are not
waived or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery of this message. Only
PDF [1] and ODF [2] documents accepted, please do not send proprietary
formatted documents

Links:
------
[1] http://www.adobe.com/