BUG: sieve does not set seen-Flag

Jakobus Schürz wertstoffe at nurfuerspam.de
Fri Dec 7 09:55:15 EET 2018

Am 07.12.18 um 08:10 schrieb Noel Butler:

> On 07/12/2018 16:44, Aki Tuomi wrote:
>

>> On 6.12.2018 6.54, Noel Butler wrote:
>>>
>>> On 06/12/2018 07:29, Jakobus Schürz wrote:
>>>
>>>      that all and every Flag is set, except \Seen... I tried to
>>>     figure out, whats happening here...
>>>
>>> Paste what your sieve file contains now (no, I'm not going back over
>>> this thread - its becoming as long as war and peace, and you may
>>> have changed it since then)
>>>

>>>     Please understand me right... It is nice for you, if dovecot
>>>     does, what you expect... It is nice. But here it does not work
>>>     correctly. dovecot makes a big mistake. And i try to give as
>>>     much information, as i'm possible to give...
>>>
>>> I doubt its dovecot, since no one else has reported this problem
>>> that I can see - without going back to find the start of the thread.
>>>
>>>     my dovecot does not copy the Seen-flag. It ignores it. But WHY.
>>>     Fucking WHY???
>>>
>>> Mind your tongue if you want help here, despite frustrations (man I
>>> must be getting old and mellowing), no one here has to do shit for
>>> you, the fact it works for everyone else, indicates there is a
>>> problem with your configuration and yours alone - somewhere, and
>>> because you're the only one experiencing this, it may be harder to
>>> trace the origin of.
>>>

>>> --
>>>
>>> Kind Regards,
>>>
>>> Noel Butler
>>>
>>> This Email, including any attachments, may contain legally
>>> privileged information, therefore remains confidential and subject
>>> to copyright protected under international law. You may not
>>> disseminate, discuss, or reveal, any part, to anyone, without the
>>> authors express written authority to do so. If you are not the
>>> intended recipient, please notify the sender then delete all copies
>>> of this message including attachments, immediately. Confidentiality,
>>> copyright, and legal privilege are not waived or lost by reason of
>>> the mistaken delivery of this message. Only PDF
>>> <http://www.adobe.com/> and ODF
>>> <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenDocument> documents accepted,
>>> please do not send proprietary formatted documents
>>>

>> I finally had some time to try this out, and wasn't able to reproduce
>> the problem with 2.3.4 and 0.5.4.
>>
>> I tried both Sieve and IMAPSieve, but I wonder if this is something
>> particular in your environment or settings, so I have to ask you to
>> post your `doveconf -n` once more.
>>
>> Aki
>>

> Did he ever tell us what this is on, I saw stretch somewhere in thread
> so I gather its debian, but is it on real hardware, or rpi, has he
> tried using the source, who knows what happens when distros butcher
> things up into 70 different sub packages :)

Hi. sorry for my anger a few days ago...
And Aki... i reviewd the thread... you never asked me before for dovecot
-n. It is the first time.
I also wrote, that i use the packages from the dovecot-repo for debian.
So i was thinking, it is clear, which version i use. It's not
debian-repo, it is dovecot-repo, which i got from the dovecot-release-notes.

My anger was, i wrote details, logmessages, behaviour... again and
again... and i got the every similar message "for me it works"... and "i
dont want to read the whole thread"... so i was angry, how often again i
should post the same again...

Great sorry for my tongue.

My hardware is a rented virtual server from a cloudprovider in germany,
where i have full permissions on it. The filesystem is ext4.
I atteched my dovecot -n

The mails all are stored in maildir in /var/mail.
There is an extra dir /var/lib/dovecot/db... where index and control are
in separate directories.

The owner and group from all of this directories are all vmail:vmail
The permissions are 0700 (only vmail is allowed to read/write/execute in
this directories)

And again... it's independed from MUA: When i move a message to another
folder, the message in the new folder is shown as recent and unseen. I
posted - i think - 3 times the logs from the copy/expunge-task, where
the "flags()" is empty on copy, but expunge from the original folder
shows the correct flags. If you want... i can do it a 4th time ;-)

I also asked for a possibility (which i do not know) to turn up the
debug-level more than i have now, to see, what happens, that i can post
it. maybe it is a permission-problem. I don't know.
Maybe there is a sieve-script working, which i don't know, which sets a
message to unseen and recent, if it arrives to a folder (i deactivated
all the sieve-scripts, but the behaviour was the same wrong).
There are two scripts for rspamd and spamassassin, which learn spam or
ham, depending a message is moved to or from Junk. I also commented the
lines out in the sievescript... no change. Every message which is new in
a Folder is set to recent and unseen.

Best regards

Jakob

An HTML attachment was scrubbed...