doveadm move and create folders for the archive

Michael Wagner wagner_m_bremen at web.de
Sat Dec 8 12:49:24 EET 2018

Hello guys,

I'm on a few mailinglists, which I want to archive at the end of the
year. I know the command to do this, but must I create the folders for
the archive by myself or is there a switch for doveadm? I tested this,
but it exits with an error about the missing mailbox.

doveadm -D copy -u michael Archiv/debian-user/2018 mailbox debian-user since 365d

error message:

doveadm(michael): Debug: Effective uid=1000, gid=1000, home=/home/michael
doveadm(michael): Debug: Namespace inbox: type=private, prefix=, sep=, inbox=yes, hidden=no, list=yes, subscriptions=yes location=maildir:~/Maildir:LAYOUT=fs
doveadm(michael): Debug: fs: root=/home/michael/Maildir, index=, indexpvt=, control=, inbox=/home/michael/Maildir, alt=
doveadm(michael): Error: Can't open mailbox 'Archiv/debian-user/2018': Mailbox doesn't exist: Archiv/debian-user/2018

Sorry for the long lines.

Tia Michael

--
Psychoceramics: The study of crackpots.