replication dropped imap flags

Patrick Cernko pcernko at mpi-klsb.mpg.de
Mon Dec 10 16:25:22 EET 2018

Hi list, hi devs,

On 26.11.18 16:26, Patrick Cernko wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> I think, I found a bug in the replication setup, that drops (custom)
> flags like Thunderbird labels. I have set up a simple 2 node setup to
> reproduce and explain it:
>
> Host adove.mpi-klsb.mpg.de and bdove.mpi-klsb.mpg.de (doveconf -n
> attached) have dovecot-imapd (from repo.dovecot.org) installed on an
> ext4 filesystem. They only have one account "test" via
> /etc/dovecot/userdb ("test:testpassword:::Test User::/bin/bash:"). It's
> mailbox contains one message, that is flagged with "$label1":
>
> doveadm -f flow fetch -u test 'guid flags' ALL
> guid=d1516a2b5c08fc5b541d00005a350039 flags=\Recent $label1
>
> Now I simulate a node reinstall on adove by uninstalling dovecot,
> removing all remnants, reinstalling and configuring it again:
>
> apt purge dovecot-core dovecot-imapd
> rm -rf /var/vmail /var/lib/dovecot /etc/dovecot
> apt install dovecot-imapd
> # disable system auth
> : > /etc/dovecot/conf.d/auth-system.conf.ext
> # create /var/vmail
> install -d -o nobody -g nogroup -m 700 /var/vmail
> # create userdb
> echo 'test:testpassword:::Test User::/bin/bash:' > /etc/dovecot/userdb
> # create /etc/dovecot/local.conf
> # not described here, the resulting doveconf -n is attached!
> service dovecot restart
>

> When I check the flags of the mail of user test now, the "$label1" is
> disapeared on both machines, even after "doveadm replicator replicate -f
> test":
>
> doveadm -f flow fetch -u test 'guid flags' ALL
> guid=d1516a2b5c08fc5b541d00005a350039 flags=\Recent
>

> Any hints what I am doing wrong here or is this really a bug?

it's been 2 weeks now, since my bug(?) report without any
reactions/answers. I wonder if anyone is working on this already or if
my report got lost or if I did something wrong on my side.

Regards,
--
Patrick Cernko <pcernko at mpi-klsb.mpg.de> +49 681 9325 5815
Joint Administration: Information Services and Technology