Upgrade to 2.3.1 has failed

Alexander Dalloz ad+lists at uni-x.org
Sat Dec 15 23:24:06 EET 2018

Am 15.12.2018 um 19:02 schrieb C. Andrews Lavarre:
> The openssl command I have tried (that used to work with Dovecot 2.2)
> is:
> 	openssl s_client -connect mail.privustech.com:143
> I have also tried
>          openssl s_client -connect mail.privustech.com:143 -servername
> mail.privustech.com

Please, there is zero need to mail me personlly. Keep your replies to
the list. I am following here as you can see.

And to your command: it is wrong. As I guessed you are talking with SSL
to the IMAP STARTTLS port. That of course cannot work.

SSL here means directly doing a secure handshaking, just like HTTPS is
working. The default port for IMAPS is 993, not 143.

If you test against IMAP/STARTTLS on port 143, then do with

openssl s_client -connect mail.privustech.com:143 -starttls imap

As your "doveconf -n" does not show any special setup regarding IMAPS or
IMAP/STARTTLS the case is as analyzed.

Alexander