Upgrade to 2.3.1 has failed

C. Andrews Lavarre alavarre at gmail.com
Sun Dec 16 22:40:30 EET 2018

Tim, Daniel, Aki, all. Problem solved. Well, sort of:
It is AppArmor.
I disabled AppArmor based on another sufferer's experience, and I
quote:
	https://forums.opensuse.org/showthread.php/531740-Unexpected-pe
rmissions-issue-with-Dovecot
		I have made some progress on solving this and tracked down the
problem to apparmor which is some sort of application based security
system.
		(How I wish Linux followed KISS principals, this appears to be
yet another security layer on top of the chmod/chown layer, and not an
intuitive/obvious thing either...)
So once again, a victim of political correctness. This was all more Scr
ewtape distraction:
	There is nothing wrong with dovecot 3.2.1, there is nothing
wrong with my "configuration", I am not being rude, but AppArmor got
hosed by the OS upgrade.
		https://www.suse.com/documentation/sles11/book_security/data/se
c_aaintro_enable.html
Tomorrow is another day, I'll fight the AppArmor alligator then. In the
meantime, on to that G&T! Woohoo! :-)
Thanks again to all.
Kind regards, Andy