Heads-up regarding non-replication of Sieve scripts?

Markus Ueberall ueberall at projektzentrisch.de
Tue Dec 25 17:36:09 EET 2018

Dear all,

A couple of months ago, it has been mentioned that multiple users
experienced a problem regarding the synchronisation of Sieve scripts by
means of "dsync" (whereas e-mails were replicated just fine between
servers) [1][2] for Dovecot v2.3.x; the same problem apparently occurred
with early versions from the v2.2 branch some three years ago but has
been marked/confirmed as fixed back then [3].

Since I'm currently using the 2.2.33.2[-1ubuntu3] packages from the
Dovecot community software repository and would like to upgrade to
v2.3.x at one point, I'm very interested in hearing whether the above
problems have been fixed (if so, how?) since I do not want to
semi-manually synchronise the Sieve scripts between two mail servers in
active/active mode on my own.

Thanks in advance for a heads-up / Kind regards, Markus

[1] https://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2018-October/113244.html
[2] https://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2018-August/112548.html
[3] https://www.dovecot.org/pipermail/dovecot/2015-February/099658.html