Problem with different certificates

Andreas Meyer anmeyer at mailbox.org
Thu Dec 27 01:27:17 EET 2018

Hello!

Dovecot manages different domains. Today I renewed the certifiactes from letsencrypt
and since that time, dovecot does not recognized the certs for different domains anymore:

This is part of my config:

ssl = yes
ssl_cert = < /etc/letsencrypt/live/bitcorner.de/fullchain.pem
ssl_key = < /etc/letsencrypt/live/bitcorner.de/privkey.pem

local 37.120.166.21 { # instead of IP you can also use hostname, which will be resolved
  protocol imap {
      ssl_cert = < /etc/letsencrypt/live/bitcorner.de/fullchain.pem
      ssl_key  = < /etc/letsencrypt/live/bitcorner.de/privkey.pem
    }
}

local 46.38.231.143 {
  protocol imap {
      ssl_cert = < /etc/letsencrypt/live/nimmini.de/fullchain.pem
      ssl_key  = < /etc/letsencrypt/live/nimmini.de/privkey.pem
    }
}

This worked for years and I don't know what's wrong now. It seems dovecot just takes the
default certs into account and ignores the certs defined with "local" completly.

Any help appreciated.

Kind regards

  Andreas

--
PGP-Fingerprint: F004 8EEE 5E54 F2EA 566E B939 22E5 85DD AA14 AC0A