dsync connection issue

Sami Ketola sami.ketola at dovecot.fi
Fri Dec 28 11:07:15 EET 2018

> but when I try to do a backup with the following command from the old to the new site
>
> sudo doveadm -D -o imapc_user=user1 at oldserver  -o imapc_password=pw-oldserver backup -R -u user1 at newserver imapc:

Since both of your servers are running dovecot it would be probably better to use native doveadm protocol (over ssh pipe if required) to do the migration instead of using imapc.

something like:

doveadm backup -u user1 at newserver -R ssh oldserver sudo /usr/bin/doveadm dsync-server -u user1 at oldserver

allowing sudo and ssh login with keys.

Sami